5.06.2009

WOJ Weekend

This past weekend was our Women of Joy trip in Sevierville, TN. We had a great time of worship/ fellowship/ shopping/ eating /and some crazy late night conversations that left me in tears! The speaker Friday night was Kirk Cameron. He did a really good job. I think everyone at the conference was infatuated by him. Did you know that he married Mike Seavers girlfriend? How crazy is that. They have six kids who are all ONE YEAR APART!!! All I have to say is WOW!!


The speaker Saturday morning was Priscilla Shirer. She is awesome. We just finished her bible study, so we all got a group picture with her.
there were to many cameras....
The next speaker on Saturday was Carol Kent. She spoke about her son killing his wife's ex-husband. Needless to say her testimony is very powerful. Saturday was the Casting Crowns concert. Me and a few other girls didn't go, instead we went out to eat at Red Lobster took a very random trip to WalMart and rode the trolley.
Sunday morning speaker was Lisa Harper. She was very funny and down to earth.

So, this was the first time I had been away from Olivia and I missed her so bad! Every time I saw a baby it would make it even worse. Chad kept her all weekend with his mom watching her a couple of times. He would send me pictures of her throughout the day and what she wore to church Sunday. I was very surprised at his outfit of choice. It was a romper I bought at Cottontails Village that had elastic smocking at the neck with cute little strawberries. She hasn't even worn it yet, so I was a little surprised that he picked that outfit. Yes, Chad has called smocking elastic stuff...what a guy. Oh well, he might not know the name, but he can dress her. I think it's so sweet that he has opinion about what Olivia wears. He never minds when I come home with her a new dress/outfit/shoes or swimsuit (she now has 4), but will ask about something I bought for myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hours later I am trying to wrap up this post. I don't really feel like typing anything else. I am calling it a night!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It seems like you had a great trip!

Good job Chad!

I can't wait to see swimsuit pics of Miss Olivia!

I MISS YOU!!!