5.28.2009

Writer's Workshop: My Size Barbie?!?

My fellow co-worker Charlene loves to participate in Mama Kat's weekly writing assignments. Sometimes I think about writing something and guess what...I never do! This week I thought why not. I am only going to use two of the prompts.


Prompt 5. List 10 things that make you happy. This will be in no particular order.










Olivia Pearl






GOOD FRIENDS


Hubby









Family. This isn't everyone, but it's close.









JESUS











I could eat there everyday!







Pay Days.


Finding good deals.


Vacations.


When I have good hair days.


Prompt 6. Share a sleep walking story.


I have so many to choose from. I am a very avid sleep walking/talking sleeper. My husband is very thankful! I have so many to choose from and I can't believe I am going to admit to it. Most of the time I don't even remember doing/saying these crazy things. I don't do stuff like this every night. Only when I am very very tired.

I think the most memorable sleep walking/talking story I have is when I was probably 11-13 years old. I can't really remember how old I was. I was young enough that my sister still played with barbie dolls. When we first moved to The Best Town Ever, AL me and Sarah shared a bedroom. My room which was in the basement wasn't finished yet. So Sarah had this My Size Barbie doll. She stood on a small platform with rollers. Sarah played with that thing all the time. Most of the time it stayed in a corner in our bedroom. Yeah...you know where I am going. Well I guess I was having a very tired night one night. I don't remember all the details, but I just remember standing there carrying on this long conversation and wondering why no one was answering me or talking back. I finally came to my senses woke up and realize I am standing there talking to BARBIE!!


(ours didn't look exactly like this, but very similar.)


I felt beyond stupid and couldn't believe I had just done that! I just went back to bed and hoped no one heard that very important conversation I had with Barbie.

Now it's your turn. Head over to Mama Kat's for this week's weekly writing assignments.

3 comments:

Charlene said...

That is pretty funny. I have some sleep walking stories of my own, I may share one later...my post got sort of long that's the only reason I didn't go ahead and do it then.

Amanda said...

I remember the very first time I stayed the night at your house and you talked in your sleep! I can't remember what you said but I know it was funny...Sigh for the old days. Love ya! I know you are so proud of Olivia!

KatBouska said...

Ok first! I want that camera too.

Second. I love how you started off with pictures for each of the things that made you happy and then just kind of threw in the towel. That's EXACTLY what I did. Takes forever doesn't it!?!

Third. Oh my gosh I'm laughing out loud just IMAGINING that scenario!! Boy to be a fly on the wall in your house that night!! Priceless. Thanks for playing!! :)