8.19.2008

Sitting on Ready

My doctor likes to use that phrase. Today I am 38 weeks 6 days. I am more than ready for Olivia to be here and not be pregnant anymore. Just in the past week my feet and ankles have started to swell and this morning I didn't think I was going to be able to wear any of my sandals. I was starting to get really frustrated and was contemplating not going to work. I mean it was already 8:30 and it takes me about 45 minutes to get there!
I think I have everything ready for Olivia's arrival, now only if she would come. The nursery looks really good! I am very happy with the way it has turned out. The letters I ordered came in last week and we put those up. At first I wasn't quit sure how it would turn out, since it was just me and Chad putting them up. It was mostly Chad. He did a really good job! I will try and take some pictures tonight to post, although my photography skills are nothing compared to Amanda and Megan's. : )
So...in the last few days of my pregnancy, there couldn't have been anything more annoying than my friend backing into my car...In Her DRIVEWAY!! It was exactly what I wanted to deal with! I really don't know what she was thinking. I guess she was thinking, because I was sitting in the back seat knowing that she was getting a little close to my car and started saying, "Don't hit my car, don't hit...." and then she hit it!!! Ugghhh....it was horrible. All I could do was just sit there. I didn't even want to look. She backed up right into the driver's side door and fender. I was surprised the door would even open. I wish it would've somehow just been totaled! It probably would have been a lot easier to just get a new car and that would've been nice!
So...this afternoon I am going to pick up a rental. It should only take a couple of days to fix my car - or at least I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you think you're not taking pictures as good as mine and Amanda's OBVIOUSLY you just aren't taking enough, because that's our trick. If you take 200 pictures of something, you're BOUND to get a few good ones. LOL

Amanda said...

Megan is correct: quantity=quality when it comes to pictures.

I hope your car gets fixed before Olivia arrives.

I can't wait to see the nursery.

I hope I get to see you this week but it's okay if you can't.