10.15.2008

I need you like a hurricane

"Hurricane" by Jimmy Needham

I have built a city here
Half with pride and half with fear
Just wanted a safer place to hide
I don't want to be safe tonight

CHORUS
I need You like a hurricane
Thunder crashing, wind and rain
To tear my walls down
I'm only Yours now
I need you like a burning flame
A wild fire untamed
To burn these walls down
I'm only Yours now
I'm only Yours now

I am Yours and You are mine
You know far better than I
And if destruction's what I need
Then I'll receive it Lord from Thee
Yes, I will receive it Lord from Thee

(Chorus)

And it's Your eye in the storm
Watching over me
And it's Your eye in the storm
Wanting only good for me
And if You are the war
Let me be the casualty
Til I'm Yours alone
I am only Yours
I am Yours alone, Lord

I have a little radio that I listen to at work and I hear this song at least 3 times a day. It has become one of my favorites. Sometimes when I listen to songs I am not "really listening" you know...I am not really listening to the words and what they mean. One day when I was driving down the road and this song came on I really paid attention and it got me thinking. I need God to be like a hurricane in my life. Thunder crashing wind a rain to tear my walls down. I am saying I am here God, do with me as you please! I need You! Then the verse says I am yours and you are mine you know far better than I and if destruction's what I need then I'll receive it Lord from Thee. Sometimes I think that is something I really struggle with. Knowing that God is in control of my life and he is going to take care of everything. He knows far better than I! Why is it so hard for me to just let go and let God?

No comments: