3.23.2009

A Weekend of Firsts

This weekend was a firsts for Olivia. She had her first sickness. It started Saturday morning. She woke up with a runny nose and lots of sneezing. If I wiped her nose once, I wiped it twenty times. She got tired of that real fast. We played for a little while that morning and then got ready to go have her pictures taken. She slept the entire way to the studio, so she was a little slow when we started the picture taking. I learned real quick not to have her pictures made without bring Dada (she has really started saying that a lot here lately & Chad eats it up!) He does all the crazy noises and faces to make her laugh. Nana and mommy just don't quite cut it. Hopefully there will be a few decent pictures. She seemed to like the bunnies. She would touch them, pull their ears and a few times try to pick them up. We took pictures for about an hour and a half or longer and Olivia was completely over taking pictures. By the time we were back home she had gotten some what worse with the sneezing, running nose. I called Stephanie to ask her about what medicine she gave Paige. She had some type of sample drug (antihistamine) that her doctor gave her. She still had one of the samples that she hadn't used, so I made a quick trip to her house to pick it up. Olivia stayed with my mom for a couple of hours while I went to the ball park to watch Chad play softball. After the ball field we had praise team practice at church. All the while I had been calling in checking on Olivia and mom kept thinking she was getting some what worse and kept saying that she was "fretful" and not resting like she normally would have. She also made the comment that we might not sleep good that night. She had me all worked up and worried about having a sick sleepless baby.
Well...she slept fine that night, but wasn't much better Sunday morning. Her nose wasn't running as much, but was really dry out and her eyes were watering. The whole time she had not temperature. Just allergy symptoms.
So...(wow this seems long) Sunday morning she was in our bed and I went to the kitchen to make her a bottle. And she had her 2nd of firsts. She rolled off our bed. I heard the thump and ran in there. Luckily she landed on some pillows that were in the floor. I think it just scared her more than anything. I still don't know how she did it. I was only in the kitchen for a second and she wasn't really good and awake yet, so she wasn't moving around a lot.
Today Olivia seems a lot better. All the yuck stuff has moved to her chest. Still has a little runny nose, but nothing like Saturday. I am sure in another day or two she will be back at 100%. So maybe it wasn't her first actual sickness, but pretty close I guess. Even when she doesn't feel great she still is such a good baby.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think falling off the bed is a rite of passage...I am glad she okay though.

I hope she feels better soon!

I can't wait to see pictures!