9.17.2009

His Word is Living!!

Sorry for my post-less week. It has been crazy around here. My fellow co-worker Charlene is on vacation this week and I am her back up. Charlene, would it be okay if you never go on vacation again? : )

It hasn't really been that bad. And I would also like Charlene and who ever else who reads this to know that I have been getting to work by 8:30! That is pretty huge for me. My normal hours are 9-9:30.



Enough of that. What I really came here to talk about is a lot better. : )



I am have been a follower of Angie's blog Bring the Rain for some time. She is wonderful and has an amazing story. If you are ever having a downer day she will totally turn that around! Well a couple of months ago (I am not really sure when) she had mentioned that she and her family took in a mom, "C", and her two small daughters. She couldn't give a lot of details, but just asked that everyone remember them in their prayers. So yesterday I was checking out my google reader and noticed a posts from Angie entitled, Meet C. She was basically letting everyone know that C now has her own blog and is sharing her story. I headed over to her blog to see what her story was all about. I was quickly moved by her story. The whole time I was reading I really felt God telling me I had to share this story with a friend.



So, I start a new message and begin explaining all these blogs and giving a little background information and start to spill my heart....for the most part. Honestly, I really didn't know what to say. I just knew that she needed to hear/read this woman's story and know that there is hope. You see when we feel like we have reached our rock bottom and that no one cares, Jesus is still there waiting on us.



I ended the email with a scripture that I have read a couple of times and thought it would "sound good." At first I didn't give a whole lot of thought to it, but He had other plans. I had planned on just sharing Ephesians 3:20, but something told me to read the verses before 20.



For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to gasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.



Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we all ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!!





Uhm...Hello God, you have my full attention!! : )

I have never felt his presence so strongly. I don't know what it was, but that was just as much for me as it were for my friend.



Lately, I have been struggling a lot with the direction my life is going spiritually. I really feel like God is doing a new thing in my life like never before. Yesterday God really opened my eyes to that. I don't want to be preachy, but it's time for change. It's time to put the worldly and foolish things behind. He wants more from us. He wants us. We only have to acknowledge him and let him in to work in us and through us. When we get rid of all the other "stuff" God will step in and take control, and well...HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!!!







God, Thank you for being so faithful, even when I am not.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! It took FOUR TRIES to actually read and absorb that scripture... but it was so worth it. Thank you so much for sharing that!

I've been thinking a lot lately about how there are these kind of "catch phrase" verses that everybody recognizes, but you can't necessarily say what's before and what's after. Well, like the verses in Hebrews that I was talking about on my blog whenever that was. It's getting more and more frustrating to me to see people just pull passages out of their... Bible... and use them however they want to, without knowing or caring what the original intent was, or that a few extra verses could skew their message.

It's TOTALLY an eye-opener to see how much more powerful that one verse is when you know what got said before it!!

So, again, THANK YOU.

Brianna said...

Amen sister Waldrop!! no seriously thanks for the post. God is willing to use us He speaks us, we just have to be able to be still and listen. Thank you for being obedient!

Amanda said...

This is good stuff! Thank you for sharing!

Charlene said...

Ok, I can't promise to NEVER take vacation again...but we're good for at least a year now!

Heather said...

ah Beth, this is a great post, thank you for sharing your heart with us. I read Angie's blog too nad have not read C's story yet, but I am sure it is moving and inspirational.