9.03.2009

I ♥ DVR

Early this Summer I was trying to save a few pennies and changed my cable provider, leaving our beloved Directv to go back to Charter cable. Since we only had one Charter service (Internet) I was paying a little more not having cable. To try and lessen the change and dislike of cable, we opted for digital cable with more channel options, the ability to have a tv guide who ever thought going to a certain channel to sit and wait to see what is coming on was a good idea?!? and pay per view, etc... We basically had the service for a week and HATED it!! It was horrible. One thing after another. I wasn't saving money. The sound changed on our tv. The box made horrible noises. The box didn't work. We went through 2 different boxes in one month. And Charter has the worst customer service. Ever. When I had to call about our 2nd box messing up I ended up just canceling my service. Made a quick call to Directv and set up new service. I ended up with a better package than what we had before for the same money!



Our new service included DVR. Something I never really gave much thought to. I am getting to were I watch less and less tv, but DVR has totally changed that! I love that I just record my favorite show and watch it later. No more annoying commercials and time wasted. No more channel flip flopping while 2 favorite shows are on at the same time. It's probably one of the best things ever invented.



Right now on my DVR list:



John&Kate Plus 8 - I don't know how long that will last. The show just isn't the same. : (



The Rachel Zoe Project - Love her!



Toddlers & Tiaras - I think this show is hilarious. Pageant moms are the best! : )



Desperate Housewives of Atlanta - Orange County is my fav though.



Any Lifetime movie that catches my eye



Clearly I am a big fan of reality tv. I have never been one for sitcoms. Weird I know.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I SO AGREE! I LOOOOOOVE DVR!!! ITS THE ONLY WAY US MOMS CAN ACTUALLY WATCH TV SHOWS!

Umatter2Charter said...

Hello Beth,

Sorry to hear you were unhappy with our service. I understand you went back to Direct TV for your video services. If you have any questions or concerns with the High-Speed Internet, please let me know. You can e-mail my team at Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com. We will do whatever we can to make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks, Eric

Eric Ketzer
Social Media Communications Manager
Charter Communications

Heather said...

Oh me too!! I used to not want DVR, but now I am so glad I have it! Your little girl is a doll!

Crystal Odom said...

I love my DVR too! It's addictive!