11.19.2008

Cutting Back

So...they are cutting my hours back at work. Starting December 1st I will only work 4 days a week, having Fridays off. I kind of have mixed emotions about the whole thing. I mean who really wouldn't want a day off, but on the other hand I do still have to work. I work for a real estate company who builds and manages apartments. Most everyone knows how the economy is right now, so a lot of stuff is fixing to slow down around our office for a little while. They don't expect this to be something permanent. I think I choose to not really be informed about things that I probably should be. I mean I know that the economy sucks right now, but I really just don't care to know all that stuff. I don't care to know how many points the stock market fell yesterday, today or tomorrow. I mean how is everything not doing so great and gas prices are $1.99?? That's all I really care about. How cheap I can buy my gas! Sometimes I feel like all I do is drive. (Did you know that in February I will have had my car for 2 years and it had 0 miles on it when I bought. As of today I have 49,000 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Anyway...I kind of saw my cut back as and "open door" maybe I can try and take a class in the Spring and some how find a job in Jasper. I really like my job. I just wish it were in Jasper and not Birmingham. My life would be just a little bit easier. I did tell my boss that this was not what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I know that this job is not what I am supposed to be doing, but it is what I am doing in the mean time. So, she knows my intentions on going back to school.

In other news...Today is Chris's Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I think he is 28. He might be 29. That sounds really old. So tonight we will go out to eat. I am guessing Perico's since there is absolutely no where to eat in Jasper!
Chad is getting his braces put on today. He's excited to finally have straight teeth well...at least in a couple of years anyway.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for FunFridays!!!

Amanda said...

BTW, you are getting pretty fancy with this blog stuff, you should help me, ha!

Anonymous said...

Yay for long weekends! And I think it's great that you're looking at it as a chance to figure out what you want to do next.

Seriously, arent you driving about a hundred miles round-trip when you go to work? I'm thinking that I had it figured out that driving from Mom&Steve's to UAB was about 50 miles one way (if I didn't have to drive around for twenty minutes looking for somewhere to park, haha)... and it was 63 from their house to the parking deck I used when I worked at Penney's. It's CRAZY when you start thinking about how far Jasper is from Birmingham.

Beth said...

My blog is not near as good as yours!

Yes, it is about 100 miles round trip. It really stinks. When we lived in Eldridge it tacted on another 30 miles. It was horrible, but I only came to B'ham 3 days a week. Living in Eldridge is where I got most of the miles. It was horrible!!