4.07.2009

Dilemma

It was close to Valentines Day the last time I got my hair cut. I usually try to go on Fridays since I am off work. I made my appointment for one o clock to give me plenty of time to get me and Olivia ready. Stephanie told me that she didn't mind to keep Olivia while I went to get my hair cut. So I dropped Olivia off around 12:45 and headed to the beauty shop. As soon as I get there and sit down the girl at the desk tells me that Amanda is running behind and it will be at least 45 minutes. I told that was fine. I would just leave and come back. So, I went back to Stephanie's house (which is not to far from the beauty shop) and watched the girl while she made a quick trip to the bank. By the time she got back and we messed around with Paige and Olivia it was close to 2 o clock. I figured it had been enough time, so I made my way back to the salon. I walked in and the girl at the front told me that Amanda was finishing up and it would only be a few more minutes. I said okay and sat down. Well....I sat there and sat there and keeping looking around the corner at her station. Finally Amanda was finished with the older woman but the woman wasn't done playing with her own hair! By now it was oh 2:15 and I was ill. I end up just walking out. I was so mad!! Amanda never said anything to me the whole time I was there. I just thought it was very unprofessional and rude. I don't have all day to sit and wait to get my hair cut!
I ended up going to a friend to get my hair cut. She did really good, but it wasn't quit the same. Well about 2 or 3 weeks after this happened I get a random phone call from Amanda's mom calling all her clients. She has left this certain beauty shop and is going out on her own. I told her mom my situation and that I was very upset, because I loved the way Amanda did my hair and that you can just tell that is what she loves to do. She would get so excited when fixing my hair. Her mom goes on to tell me that she had a note out by my name to please explain...So it looks like she was having issues at this salon.

Finally-Here we are today. I called her this afternoon to see about getting a cut this week. I called her around 1:30 and she apologized for what happened last time and that she was having issue at the other place. I told her that I understood. Anyway...she was getting lunch and said she would call me back in about 20 minutes after she got back to the shop to look at her appointment book. Well...Guess What??? It's now 4:42 and she still hasn't called me back!?!?! Ughhh....I could scream! I don't know I just have issues with people telling you they are going to do something and they don't!
I think I might just have to give up on her, but I really don't want to. Is that stupid or what?
What would you do?

2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

let jessie cut your hair!! she does awesome!!! she always has openings!

Megan Smith said...

and...you have every reason to be upset. she should have made a point to at least call you since she knew the situation you had experienced before..that's just my opinion. =0)