4.01.2009

My Man

I have a few preferences when it comes to the way Chad looks. The main one being his facial hair. When we first started dating he was always pretty much clean shaven. And then we got married and he would let it go a day or two or three at the most. Now he hardly ever shaves and sometimes (most times) it just bothers me. I do not like facial hair on MY MAN. I don't mind the 5 o'clock shadow or the little patch right under your lip, but of course he doesn't like those styles. Go figure.

So lately he has had a spotty beard. He has a few spots where his hair doesn't really grow that well. I haven't said much about him not shaving until Sunday afternoon. We were getting ready to leave for the Lovelady Center (which by the way was Awesome!) and Chad had already left the house. We went separately since he had to be there earlier to set up everything. Well...he hadn't been gone to long and he came back to the house with his beard shaved. BUT not completely. He only shaved the sides and bottom part. He has a stash with sides going down towards his chin.
Here is an example. Except Chad's is not full. I thought he was just joking with me, but no he wasn't. He actually went out looking like that! I couldn't believe it. I must have to say I was somewhat embarrassed that he looked like that. I know your probably thinking, "Beth, get a life." But I thought he looked ridiculous. I think what makes the hate worse is that Chad knows that I can't stand for him to have facial hair. So I feel like he does it out of spite. It's just a huge turn off, I can't stand to kiss him and it makes him look old and goofy.
Today is Wednesday and he still looks like that. I thought it would be gone by Monday morning, but no such luck. I know this is probably the stupidest thing ever, but I can't get over it. He knows that I am irritated and even made the comment that I have been blowing him off and ignoring him. And honestly I have. He says he is not doing it just to make me mad, but I sure do feel that way. He always says, every time we have a facial hair discussion, that growing facial is what little boys think about all the time and it's just a guy thing, and that he is tired of people trying to look like him. So he wants to be different. And who is he trying to impress? He don't make comments about my hair or my clothes or the way I look. But I always ask his opinion because I do still care what he thinks. So is it so wrong for me to feel that way?
I have to end this post with positives. Chad is a very caring, loving, helpful husband. He is a Godly Husband and Father and that should be enough in itself.
He has by far exceeded my expectations as a Father. He adores Olivia. And it melts my heart to see him take care of her the way that he does. Play with and talk to her in all of his crazy voices.
I have loved Chad every since the first time I saw him. Way back in 9th grade. I just thought he was so cute!! I still remember the first time we met each other. He came to a softball game to watch his cousin Megan. I was so nervous and thought he would never give me the time of day. Who would have ever know way back then that he would be MY HUSBAND!?
So it's not the end of the world. It's Just Facial Hair!!
I LOVE YOU MR!!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

this absolutely cracks me up, and you have no idea how much i needed it today!

Megan Smith said...

haha i remember ya'll meeting!! we were so excited lol. this was hilarious, though! Steve does the same thing to me. Not with facial hair, but other things. I know exactly how you feel! Husbands and wives are supposed to drive each other crazy sometimes. Thats what makes it so special =^)

Charlene said...

Dustin will try to grow a beard every now and then and I have to tell him to shave. I can't stand it either. There is no kisses when prickly hairs are present. I don't like the way it feels. Honestly, he shaves his chest b/c of me too...I don't like chest hair either. It grosses me out.