8.13.2009

Weekly Writing Assignment

In this weeks assignment one of the prompts is to list 10 things you would say to ten different people in your life if you had the hutzpah.

Don't assume to know who is who. You might be surprised. The point is to say whatever it is you feel you need to say. It might be something you tell this person all the time, or it might be something you don't have the guts to tell them. You can be insanely obvious or mysteriously vague.

I really hesitated with posting this. Some are good and some are bad. All are the truth. No gossip. No real bad mouthing. Just REAL. Some of the stuff sounds really bad, but I think it's only bad if you don't know the whole situation. And well I think these thoughts already so isn't that just as bad too? Anyway, I am not perfect by any means. I fail Him daily. I don't read my Bible like I should. I don't pray as often. I don't witness enough. But I don't claim to be a Christian and then get drunk on Saturday and walk into church on Sunday. I know that Sin is SIN. I just think that there has to be some difference there? I could be totally wrong and if I am, so be it.


I do know this: If I died today, I know that there is a place waiting for me in Heaven.

Whether you think Heaven is real or not. I would rather live my life knowing that Heaven was real and long for that place than to live like it wasn't and suffer the consequences.



What do you have to loose?



After further thought...I am going to continue with the 10 things below. I am going to earnestly pray about and for each person (the ones with negative thoughts) maybe this will open a door and give me the courage and strength to talk to them.




1. I hope you know that I love you. I know that you sometimes think that I don't, but I do. I want the very best for you. You are beautiful, smart and talented. Don't focus on what everyone else is doing or whether or not you have a boyfriend. Those so called "popular people" don't know anything and deep down they probably want what you have. Don't get distracted or discouraged by the things in this world. God has the perfect person waiting for you and when you find each other it will be wonderful! Keep doing what your doing. Focus on YOU and school and everything else will fall into place. I am always here for you no matter what the circumstance. I Love You!!


2. I don't get you. You are so confusing and misleading. You are either hot or cold. There is no luke warm. You can't be one way around me or "certain people" and then another way around those other people. What happened to your convictions? What happened to your walk? No judging here...just callin' it straight. We all see the pictures on those "social networking" sites. Either be real or don't be at all.


3. I don't think I could ever say or do anything to thank you for all the times you have been there for me & now my family. You have bended over backwards for me and always gave me the very best. Thank you for showing me the ways of live. Thank you for raising me a godly and christian atmosphere. Thank you for EVERYTHING!!
I Love You!!


4. You. Are. A. Big. Joke. And you put it all out there for everyone to read, see and talk about. You have not-a-clue. Grow up, please.


5. You drive me insane sometimes most the time. You really don't know how much you stress me out. Why do you have to be so rude and inconsiderate? I don't treat you that way. I don't talk to you that you talk to me. I do EVERYTHING for you with a smile on my face. I think I am the only one that knows the "real you." One day when I am long gone, you will appreciate me.


6. Thank you! Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for listening and talking to me. Thank you for praying for me. I know that I can always count on you. No matter what. It doesn't matter what the circumstance you are always faithful. I know that God is going to reward you for your faithfulness. He has already blessed you with so much.
I am so happy that you are a part of my life. I wish we could have met a lot sooner.


7. Why are you so distant? You are always welcome in our home. I feel like you don't really want to be apart. You rattle my nerves sometimes with your habits. You need to soften up a little. It's okay to show emotion.


8. I know your secrets. I know your lies. I am not stupid. How come you want to be in everyones business, but one it comes to your own it's a whole different story? Stop being so noisy. Stop acting like you know everything. You don't. You are so ignorant and you will probably never change. It's really sad that your family is the way it is, but it's your own fault. You made them that way. You pushed them away. When are you going to see that? You need to wipe the sleep from your eyes and realize what you have done and make some changes. Quick!


9. Sometimes I wonder about your honesty and how much I can tell you. Are you being real with me? I am real with you...


10. I know that you have a problem. It's not a secret. We have seen you there. Several times. I know that you don't have a job. Stop saying that you do. What's going on? Why have you closed everyone off? You have to be miserable. You don't do anything. You don't go anywhere. You don't have friends. You don't work. You don't even hardly go outside. I am really worried about you. What can I do to help?




Now head over to Mama Kats for more!

10 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

It's nice that you have some positives in there and I hope the negatives find a way to get better.

Grammy Suzzy said...

Here from Mama Kat's...you know, when I saw this prompt, I could only think of the negative things...the things I really wanted to tell someone, and I really didn't have that many, but now, your positives really helped me see more!

Jeanette said...

Great post. I don't know if I could do that, but overall you sound like a very loving person.

Charlene said...

You're ten things are good ones. I can relate with #9 for some people, actually I can relate with quite a few of yours. Sometimes I wonder what I can tell some people and what I can't. I second guess myself and wonder "Have I crossed that boundry with that person? Are we comfortable enough as friends to really envolve them in the gray areas of my life?"

KatBouska said...

Great mix in this list...though I have to say some of the answer is bringing out the nosey side of me!

I have friends that paint their lives rosey too, but I know the truth...and I don't know what they think will happen if they tell it.

monica said...

GReat post. Telling your real feelings about someone is difficult. There are a lot of positive in your commnet also and you are trying to help in most situations. Great writing. Stopping by from Writers Workshop.

Amanda said...

Wow, this is good stuff Beth! Maybe making this list helped you organize your thoughts so you can say what needs to be said...I'm glad you shared!

Megan Smith said...

i love this. i have done a few of these on myspace and it's amazing because you have actually put it out there! it almost feels like you said it to the person, but not really. most of mine were negative too, but i think those are the ones that you don't really have the guts to say.

Crystal Odom said...

Wow! This was really great. I think I want to do it now too. Thanks for the inspiration. Praying for the negative ones.

Brittany said...

I'M SO DOING THIS!!!