8.31.2009

Imperfections

I try to be as real as possible here. I mean I don't tell absolute every single thing, but for the most part I do. I mean you have to keep some things in life private. It's always nice to have an outlet to share my thoughts and get a little feedback (perspective) every now and then. Even when you don't comment. I still know your reading my blog, Mr. Mike! : ) Yes, our Sunday School teacher now knows that I have small "ta-tas!!" Don't be embarrassed. I wasn't.

I think we all have a fair share of issues whether it's work/school/friends/family/husband, wife related. We all have problems. No. One. Is. Perfect. You make think "Jack&Jill" have the perfect little life nice house, brand new car, wonderful job, all the latest styles, and I could go on and on...but at the end of the day behind closed doors you don't see the hurt and sadness. A new car, a new outfit, money, none of that can buy someone true happiness. Those are just things. Voids in life. We can only find true happiness with Jesus and having a personal relationship with him. I know, I know....it sounds so cliche', but it's true!

Just when you think you are a loser and you'll never be anything or stuff never works in your favor. God always shows up and shows out. I don't know how many times I have thought these things and then something will happen and all the "problems" seem to disappear.

I am not trying to be preachy, but when you give him your ALL he will show you his favor. I know that I am not perfect. By no means. I don't have the perfect marriage. I don't have the perfect house, clothes, job or family but with Him I am made perfect!

Tonight I had a small epiphany in my little ol' life while talking to Amanda, my BFF since 7th grade! : ) Our usual conversation while I drive home from worked turned into to an almost 3 hour phone call. No, I don't work that far away from home! Less than an hour.

I am so thankful and blessed to have friends that love me no matter what. I know that they are always there for me when I need them and I hope they know the same!

She sent me a link to this video that they just done at their church, which sounds awesome by the way. So grab a tissue (for real) and watch it. God will really show you somethings.


He is still at work. We only have to let him in and allow him to work on us.


Click here for the video.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so thankful for your friendship.

By the way, I think in future references to me on your blog, we need a circa 1998 brace-face picture of us, just so people know we have officially been friends that long...I'm just saying... :D

Heather said...

I just stumbled on your blog and love reading!! You have a gorgeous family and your Olivia is B-E-A-utiful!