6.06.2008

Killing Time

I thought I would post something while I am sitting here on hold with Lenovo. They are a computer company we use to order laptops. My rep. Bryant will not return my phone calls or emails. It's so funny how when you really need them for something you can never reach them, but when I don't need him for anything he bugs the crap out of me! I have now been on hold for 14 minutes and counting...
Today at work we started this fitness program. It's called the Steps to Wellness. All you do is wear a pedometer (provided by the company) and keep track of your steps for the week. At the end of each week the total steps will be divide by the number of members on our team. I think here in the Birmingham office we have like 12 members on our team. We will compete with the other properties and the Jasper office. Whoever has the most steps at the end will win a bike or a spa treatment! There are other prizes like gift cards to Target and Wal-Mart and other various places.
Some people in our office are taking it way too serious. This one lady in particular, who is probably the strangest person I have ever met has assigned a girl in the office to make sure I am doing my part in walking! I guess she thinks I am lazy or something!! She did ask me earlier this week how my walking was going. Now...the contest just started today, but a few people were already wearing their pedometers just to see how much they already walk. I told her that I have not been able to because of the swelling in my ankles and legs. She hasn't said anything else. I did let her know that my legs and ankles were mostly back to normal and that I would be able to walk more! She is hilarious I really wish you could just meet her.
Well...I have wasted more than enough "company time" now. I better help finish moving. Our office is doing some major renovations and the part where I sit is having the most done. So I will be relocated to a different part of the office-a cube where the mail meter is! How exciting!! A lot of other people will be "working from home" - yeah right!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You make me laugh! I cannot believe that woman would act like that about the walking...I'm glad we got to talk on our commute home. I can't wait to see you next week!

Anonymous said...

Duh, the rep is busy bugging the crap out of other people... When I worked at JCP the Jockey rep would drive me CRAZY. The manager over lingerie would throw away their signs and then act like she didn't know what happened to them, and the rep would complain and complain and complain... but when I would need something it would take her a few days to get back in touch with me.

All of that was to say that I feel you on the rep business.

I hope you're feeling great and that Baby Olivia isn't being too rascally....