6.09.2008

What a weekend

Wow...this weekend was somewhat crazy. I have plenty of time to fill you in.





Friday- I got off work and had a good commute conversation with Amanda while she was on her way home. It's always good to talk to someone on the way home from work. It makes the drive not seem so bad. We had planned to have a few people come over to the house to grill out. Chris (Chad's oldest brother) and his girlfriend Lacy, Cody (Chad's youngest brother) and his girlfriend Candace and Matt Franklin AKA "Big Frank" and his girlfriend Rebecca came over. On my way home Chad was telling me that one of our friends, Ricky Bowen, or as Chad likes to call him "Ricky B" got drafted and signed with the Cincinnati Reds!! Yay Ricky!! He has been playing baseball the past 2 or 3 years for Mississippi State and graduated high school from Sumiton Christian. So a Jasper boy making it to the Major Leagues is pretty big! I think Chad was the most excited. By the time I got home he had already went to Hibbets and picked up a Reds hat! What a nerd!! I guess it was ok, because when he was in there Ricky came walking in to get him a hat too!! So...Ricky came over and I took their picture. I kept telling everybody, "We have a friend in the Major Leagues!"

So...the little get together just kept getting bigger. By the end of the night it was all of the above people mentioned plus Kelly (Ricky's girlfriend) Bri and Eric came by, my mother-in-law Annetta came by to get a bite to eat and then Bryan and LaDonna and their kids Riley and Lilly!! We have never had that many people in or at our house. It was crazy, but a lot of fun! I think I kept telling people we need a bigger house!!



Saturday- I got up really early for a Saturday. I think I got up around 6:30 and went and picked up my mom by 7 and had to wait on her to finish getting ready. Which was really weird. She is usually the one waiting on me! We had planned to go to a yard sale to look at some baby stuff. She wanted to get a car seat for her car. So-she did get a car seat and a few blankets and cloth diapers. We both have not really got into buying a bunch of clothes yet. Honestly, I think it's a little silly to buy all those clothes, especially before having a shower. We went by a few other yard sales, but didn't buy anything. I guess you could say it's not really our thing. We stopped by the Farmers Market and I bought a few veggies and went back to her house. In the meantime, Chad was making his way to Babies R Us with Big Frank to pick up Olivia's furniture!! I can only imagine what them 2 looked like in Babies R Us with all the pregnant women!! Chad picked up the furniture and picked out the mattress! He did really good! I was proud of him!


I didn't make the trip to Birmingham because Stephanie and Paige were coming over to go swimming! They came over around 11 ish and we ate and Paige took a small nap and Stephanie just had to wake her up so we could go outside. I on the other hand would have let her sleep until she woke up, but Stephanie didn't want to leave her by herself. I didn't see the big deal. Our pool is like 10 steps from our back kitchen doors and I told her we could go in and out checking on her. So needless to say she was a little fussy the rest of time they were there. Here are a couple of pictures.







She seemed to really like the water-especially the jets. We could never really get her to look up at the camera. She was to busy looking at the water. So the pictures aren't that great.

Chad finally made it back with the furniture. Unload everything which got a little tricky with those big boxes and set everything up. The pictures aren't really that great and they really don't give the furniture justice, but you get the idea!





Here's a better picture with more of the bedding.





And here is a picture of the dresser and the semi-changing table. It's not really your traditional changing table, but I think I am going to use it as one. I guess we'll see what how everything works out when Olivia gets here.









I didn't really get a good picture showing all 3 pieces. But- there it is. I really loved this furniture because it was so babyish-so I can get more use out of it. The bed is a converter bed. So it will make to a toddler/day bead and then later a full size bed.



Later that night we grilled some steaks with Matt and Rebecca and Eric and Bri stopped by to see Olivia's room.



Sunday - We went to church as usual and ate lunch with Annetta. After lunch I took a much needed nap...for like 2 hours. I didn't think I was really that sleepy, but I guess I was. Chad woke me up just in time to get ready to go to the church Fish Fry at the Elkins house. They live on basically a farm in Curry. They always like to have church get togethers at their house. The Fish Fry started at 4 and it was like 100 degrees outside. I managed, but I was pretty sweaty. Later that night all the girls went swimming at Carmen's house (The Pumpkin Patch) and the guys played basketball at the church. It was a lot of fun!



Well....That was basically my weekend in a nutshell. This is probably the longest post ever, but I really don't have anything to do today so...I had more than enough time to post and upload pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the furniture! It's fantastic. The changer we got for QuinnDoug is more of a dresser... but since we're planning on him using his bed (it converts) until he moves out (haha) I don't feel so bad about it.

But here's a weird question: does the crib need different rails to covert? Ours did, and the guy at BrU said that it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and get the rails that convert, because sometimes they randomly stop making the furniture style and then you can't get the right parts, so it's useless. Did that make sense?

Amanda said...

I love the furniture! You are good at blogging! I am glad you feel better! Hope to see you soon!

Beth said...

Thank you! You need to come see it in person. It looks so much better than the pictures.
I can't figure out how to put a frame around the pictures you post. It makes it where you can click on the picture and it will open in a different window.

Beth said...

Thank you!!
As far as I know it does not need different rails. All you have to get are the slats. Chad tried to go ahead and order those when he picked up the furniture, but I don't think they were available to order or something silly like that. It's very difficult getting your furniture there! But you are right about needing to go ahead and order the extra pieces. The furniture we got is very popular so much so that they NEVER have it in stock. I didn't think I was every going to be able to order it.