2.03.2009

Financial Peace

Sunday we will start Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University at our church. I have wanted to do this program for awhile now. To be honest I am a little nervous. The past couple of times I have been out doing some mindless shopping the thought came across my mind that I probably wouldn't be able to do this much longer. Now we aren't in huge debt. We have typical/common debt...our home, my car, and chads truck (which is almost paid for) and now paying for our new heating and air unit (which I hope to pay off with our tax return). That's all. No credit cards, which I am very happy to say. I think our biggest problem is mindless spending, mostly EATING OUT. Sometimes Chad will eat out everyday of the week Monday-Friday (Breakfast & Lunch)!! That really starts to add up!! One time I added up or food costs, and we spent close to $400 in food not including groceries!! Another problem we have is Saving. We very rarely put money in our savings account and if it gets put in there I am the one to do it. I think the biggest problem is that is such a hassle to transfer the money. We bank at one place and save at another.
The past couple of weeks I have been aggravating Chad about the class. About how, "Dave is going to get him." I guess we will see who he actually gets.

There is a little fact on the website. It says "Over 650,000 families have completed FPU with amazing success. On average they pay off $5,300 in debt and save $2,700 in just 13 weeks!!"
I hope and pray we are average!!

2 comments:

Crystal Odom said...

Josh and I have been through FPU and we both really learned a lot from it. It has been a while and we have slacked off a little bit but it really does put things into perspective for you! Good Luck!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

We would love to do FPU (in fact our church is offering it this Spring, but on a terrible night for us). I hope it goes well for you. We went to a Dave Ramsey conference a couple of years ago and it was awesome! I love him!!!

P.S. Your letter is "L"! Thanks for playing!

Don't forget to let me know when your post is up so I can check it ou!