2.27.2009

Six Month Check Up & Baby Food

Today we took Olivia to the Doctor for her six month check up. Chad came along this time. He didn't have much going on at work so he came with us. She weighed 16 1/2 lbs and was 24 1/2 inches long. I never know the percentiles. He says she is average for weight and a little below average for her height. Which is expected since I am short.
She got four shots and the Rotavirus by mouth. Dr. D said she looked great was happy to see how well she was sitting up unsupported. He also said that we could slowly start to introduce some table foods. I was like great. The only time Chad comes and he had to say something about her eating table food. He is always trying to get me to let her taste things. Mostly just the sauce from something and he just had to put a little bit of lemon juice on the end of straw with water for her to taste. I don't know...I just have this weird thing about her eating table foods to early. I mean he didn't tell me I had to give her anything like tomorrow, but just in the next few weeks we could start to introduce some foods to her if we wanted to. So far she doesn't seem to be a picky eater with the stage 1 baby foods. She will eat all the foods even the prunes and green beans. Most babies don't like green beans for some reason. Personally I don't really care for her to eat the green beans because they stink! But I do like green beans...just not mashed up green beans.



Have any of you moms ever thought about making your own baby food? I have thought about it, but that is as far as I got.





3 comments:

Emily said...

She looks so cute and that is the perfect size bow!! As always, she is adorable!! :)

Charlene said...

She is so stinking cute Beth! I love her little smile!

Anonymous said...

I made Alyssa's baby food for a while, I don't think it's worth it. I think it costs more in time than it's worth. You're little girl is too adorable!