7.09.2009

Can't beat that!

Today I shopped for more birthday stuff. I wanted to go ahead and decide on the invitations and work on getting them ordered/bought. I was kind of trying to avoid buying them online to save money and shipping costs, if I could buy them locally. So this was the invitation I was pretty much set on. The cheapest I found it was $13 for a pack of 10. I had figured that 30 invitations should be plenty. 30 printed invitations would cost $57 plus tax and shipping. Not to bad, but I thought I could get it cheaper and I was pretty sure I had saw this invitation before at Birmingham Paper Works. So, I call and describe the card to the woman and she said they were out. BUT they had another cupcake card that was on CLEARANCE! She described the card and told me how many she had left and I told her to hold them. I would drive down and look at them. I looked them up online before going, because I was pretty sure I had saw the card she described. This is the card I found.
I wasn't as excited about it as the first but thought it was still cute. The envelope is really cute. It has a cupcake on the front and one on the back. This picture showing the envelope is the back. Isn't it cute? I am fixing to make it a whole lot cuter! This card online is $14 for 10 invitations. $60 for 30 printed invitations plus tax and shipping.

Do you know how much I paid for 30 cards at Paper Works?

$0.65 per card!!!! I got 30 cards for $21.45 (tax included)!!!! I was so excited! I don't know what it is about getting good deals on stuff, but I get so excited. And I always feel like I have to tell some one. Probably because I don't get too many good deals!


And another thing...I printed them today. For FREE!! Charlene helped me set up the margins and we printed them. Do you want to know how much Paper Works charges for printing?


$7.50 set up and $0.50 per card!! That's $22.50!! More than what I paid for the cards!!

Here is the the card printed.
(Edited. I can't have some weirdo calling me.)


One little candle on one little cake...


One first year to celebrate!


Olivia's 1st Birthday!!





So the card wasn't my first choice necessarily, but it's just as cute and a whole cheaper!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

I LOVE BARGAINS!! Cant wait for the party. There will be 4 Rigsbys there...how weird is that?

Charlene said...

I'm glad they turned out good! You can't beat that kind of deal!

opalessence said...

I read your comment off of Kelly's Korner and what a coincidence! My Olivia is turning one (on July 19th) and we are doing a cupcake theme! I would love to share with you her invitation if you are interested- it is SO super cute. Anyway, just thought it was funny how we both have an Olivia, they are both about to turn one, and we are doing the same cupcake theme! haha! Have a great weekend!

Amanda said...

So cute! You did a great job! :)