7.16.2009

The story of my life...

Warning: This is very long and detailed. Sorry for the longest post in my history.


Today is Thursday. Which means it's my Friday. And I couldn't be more happier. This week is VBS at church and it is wearing me out. I leave work, go straight to church, leave church around 8:45, drop off the stupid mail at our other office, pick up Olivia at my moms, get home around 9 or 9:15, get her ready for bed and then try to do a few things in the house. Uh...that made me tired just typing it out! My house is a disaster/clothes need to put away that have been sitting in the clothes basket going on 2 weeks / need to wash more clothes/ the pool that we have not even swam in needs attention/ we need groceries/ grass needs to be cut/ and basically my house needs a total over haul, like yesterday! Oh and while I'm at it...I hate (yest HATE) Charter. I don't know how they even have customers and no wonder they are bankrupt. Their service is horrible! And if I have to call them one more time (or they call me) I might have a come-a-part!

I need just one more issue that I have to handle. Seriously, this isn't even everything that I am dealing with right now. When it rains it pours. I know these are by no means end of the world/ life altering problems, but gee....Can I catch a break?!? PLEASE!!

So, I guess my biggest issue at hand would be my job. You might remember a recent post about a horrible day I had at work. I didn't and don't give a lot of details about my job, because A) People I work with could read this. B) It could bite my in the tail. BUT why do you have to sensor something that you do on your personal time?!? I don't name drop and I am certainly not making up the stuff I say. I haven't even gave specific details. If you read this (who ever you are) and you have problems with what I am about to say or have said in the past or may say in the future. Then maybe you need to step up, be real, and make some changes!

Here's a little background on my job. (Like this post could get any longer) I have worked with "The Best Company Ever, Inc" : D since I was a senior in high school, going on 6 years. They have 2 offices, one in my home town and a larger, more corporate, office in Birmingham. When I started out, I worked with the family (the original owners. Two men, brother-in-laws, in their late 80s). I was basically their personal assistant. I managed their money, paid their bills, took them places, you name it I did it. I started going to Birmingham to help out in the summers, which later turned into 3 days a week. Then I graduated college and they wanted me to work full time in Birmingham. I agreed. The money was nice, I didn't know what I wanted to do after college ( I only had my associates degree and didn't know what direction I wanted to go after that.) I had nothing holding me back. Why not? It's not really that bad of a drive.

So...Here I am now....t-r-a-p-p-e-d. I have mixed emotions about leaving since this is the only thing I know. I have history here. People ask me questions. I make decent money (more than working at a bank or just some other random job, especially in my home town). I work four days a week. I usually work any from 9 or 9:30 to 4:30 (some days later). Basically, I do what I want to do, but I get my work done. I am accountable, dependable, trustworthy, always HERE (unlike some most people in our office). Besides taking a vacation (that we just took and was only 4 days, since I don't work on Fridays anyway,) I have only missed ONE. DAY. THIS. WHOLE. YEAR. It was in January. I got food poison from Taco Bell and it was horrible! I actually felt guilty for not coming to work. How crazy is that?!?
I know, you're probably thinking, "she is crazy, she has it made." But there is a whole lot of other stuff I could share, that I am not, because this post is already long enough, and by now no one is probably even reading this.
But I am tired of driving back and forth. I want to go back to school and I will never be able to do that working in Birmingham. And I work with a real inconsiderate person and I have had enough. And that is putting it real nice!

I recently had a really good interview with a very nice man at a company similar to where I work now, met his wife and son (who work with him), met with him for over an hour, he walked me out to my car. I thought it was in the bag. NO. SUCH. LUCK. It was nothing against me. He said I was wonderful and thought highly of me, but he wasn't going to hire anyone right now. He was/is having issues with someone in his office and was going to let them go and when they got word that he was looking and interviewing they straightened up. I have some connections from my MIL who helped/ and told me about him looking for someone so I know a little bit more about what is going on than, just some random person.
I am so frustrated, overwhelmed and tired of being told no. Why can't I find something? Obviously it's not the best of times to be looking for a job, but is every body struggling? I did send Mr. Nice Man (the man I interviewed with) an email this morning letting him know that I appreciated the opportunity to interview with him and hoped he would keep me in mind if something becomes available in the future.Maybe it will work out or maybe he will pass my name on to someone else...

So there you have it. Well, most of it anyway. I don't know what's going to happen in the future. I am just praying that God will open the doors in my life. He knows my desires and he knows my current job situation. I know He will see my through this small phase in my life. I just have to give it to him and he will take care of the rest. I have used this quote before and here it is again.



" When God leads you to the edge of a cliff, trust HIM fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall or He'll teach you how to fly!!!"
One more thing. I promise. If one more person ask the question, "I thought you were a nurse?" I might throw up. Not really, but I want to. I always laugh and reply with, "no, but I want to be!"

2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

first of all, i'm glad you made it home today and didn't run out of gas!! lol I'm sure that would have made your day even worse! Second, I know how you feel about the job. I worked at that decor place and the owner would talk about us right in front of us using code words!! it was ridiculous, and there's a ton of other stuff too. It is very very frustrating, and it can make other aspects of life seem harder and more than what they are!! Don't worry about your housework!! it's a never ending job. you need to just sit down and take a deep breath and play with olivia or do something relaxing. sometimes you have to stop and say, you know what, I know I have stuff that needs to be done, but I am not doing it. lol You should see my house!!! But it lets me recoop and i actually want to clean the next time around. Life isn't about a clean house or folded clothes. The job thing will work out. EVERYBODY is having trouble finding jobs. Even hospitals are on hiring freezes. No nurses have jobs right now. Something will come available. Ok well I guess I'll stop before my comment is as long as your post! hahaha I'm just glad somebody else vents on here but me!!!!

Kristy said...

I didn't know you wanted to be a nurse. It's a great career. But anyway, sometimes if you feel that God is leading you to do something else you have to bite the bullet and just do it. Is there any way you can be without the income for a small amount of time to look for another job. I was in a similar situation and God provided. I don't know all of your situation but just keep praying.