7.21.2009

More Birthday Planning

I found this cake online and loved it minus the bows and little dots poking out.



d

I ordered the party supplies today. Plates, napkins, and balloons.

They didn't have what I thought they had at Party City.

So I ordered these from here.





I found these serving pieces (along with another cupcake plate to match the smaller one) at TJ Max with Amanda Friday. I thought they were to cute and figured I could use them for something. I only spent $25 for 3 pieces.

Please ignore the horrible pictures. I was in a hurry.






Okay, so this has to be my most exciting buy so far. I wanted to do have something special for people to sign or write something to Olivia on her birthday. I was pretty much settled on getting a picture frame where people could sign the matte. So yesterday, after I got off work, I made a trip to Hobby Lobby. I picked up a few smaller things for the party (cookie cutters in the shapes of a party hat and present. I plan to use these for the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches we are going to make for some of the smaller kids.) then made my way to the framing. I was not crazy about the frames they had for people to sign. They were just plain and boring. Not cute and girly. This one guy started to help me and told me I could choose any custom matte and they would cut it for me there. I browsed the colors, went back to the frames trying to make a decision and was stuck. I am the worst about making decision. Especially when it comes to things like this. Another framing associate (a woman this time) came out from the back and we just kind of made eye contact when I said, "I need help." And she REALLY helped me. I explained to her what I wanted to do and that it was for my little girl's first birthday. You could tell she was just as excited as I was. We picked the matte color and frame, then she told me how about stamping out Olivia's name in the matte and how we could put scrap book paper behind the letters. I was all for it. I had just looked at the scrapbook isle wishing I was a scrapbooker because all that paper was so cute! I go pick the paper (which took forever because I am so indecisive) came back to the frames where Jennifer tells me she happened to have the color matte in stock and could do the stamp today! She already had everything ready and wanted me take a look before she cut of the picture and name. Okay...so to make this a little shorter she totally out did herself (in my book). She was so sweet and helpful. You can't hardly find help like that anymore.


Here is the finished product.



I will go back once people have signed it to have the glass put on. Isn't it so cute?!? I love it and it's something special that Olivia can have forever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's FANTASTIC! Isn't it a lot more fun when things come together and work out?! haha

I was thinking after I read your last post about birthday supplies that it would be fun to do a photog.book (if I may drop my new made-up business vocab on your blog, haha) with one-year portraits (with cupcakes!) and snapshots from her party. Then you could put random pictures of cupcakes and balloons and party stuff all strewn throughout it.

AND THEN last night when I was thinking about throwing away all of my scrapbooking paper (not really, but I'm not doing anything with it because everything is a disaster at my house right now...) I happened to think that it would be neato to SCAN some of the paper and use it as backgrounds in photog.books. So my scrapbooking stuff is safe for now, or I would offer it to you to clutter up YOUR house.

Laelle My Belle ♥ said...

These ideas are so great! This is so ironic that I found your blog because I was just planning what I wanted to do for my daughter's 1st birthday!

I just decided the other day that I would do a cupcake theme..how funny is that? You have some great ideas.

Amanda said...

I love this, you did a great job!
I had so much fun with the two of you! Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Kristy said...

I don't know why I didn't mention this before but I buy all of our party stuff from birthdayexpress.com. It is pretty reasonable and they have tons of stuff. I had a plate that people could sign for Karlea's 1st bithday. Her was Princess theme. You may want to check there just to see if they have something. If not you can look for next year.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!

my panda fanatic roommate got a cute Morn Creations bag as birthday gift!
she is just THRILLED with it.
hkpanda.freetzi.com